Announced in April 2020, the Infinix Note 7 is an outstanding balance of quality and price, with features like a high-resolution camera system, large storage, display, memory, etc all an affordable price.
Note 7 Key Specifications:
Dimensions: 173.4 x 79 x 8.8 mm
Rear camera: 48MP + 2MP +2MP + 2MP
Front Camera: 16MP
SIM: Dual Nano SIM
RAM: 4GB, 6GB
Storage: 64GB, 128GB
Display: 6.95 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
Battery: 5000mAh battery
Software: Android 10, XOS 6.0
Network: 2G, 3G, 4G
Note 7 Design and Display:
In my own opinion, Note 7 is probably the most well-designed Infinix device to date. It is a super slim 6.95 inches device, with a 91.5% screen to body ratio, 20.5:9 aspect ratio, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
The rear is dominated by a centrally positioned quad-camera system, a set of flashlights, along with Infinix branding all coated with gorilla glass.
Like I mentioned above, the Infinix Note 7 features an incredibly large 6.95 inches display with a maximum brightness of about 480 nits, a resolution of 720 x 1640 pixels, and a 258-pixel density.
All these combine to give the device a somewhat premium look despite its relatively budget price tag.
Note 7 Battery:
Just like most recent middle range smartphone models, the Note 7 is shipped with a whole lot of battery power. It features a 5000 mAh non-removable lithium polymer battery which is more than enough to power you through 2 days of normal usage, alongside an 18W fast charging technology.
Note 7 Camera:
Note 7 is more like a camera-centric device, with features that rival premium models like the iPhone 11. For example, the device is shipped with a four-camera system, with the main camera featuring a 48MP resolution, a sensor size of ½ inch, an aperture of f/1.79, and pixel size of 1.6 micrometers. This is basically superior to the 12MP resolution, ½.55 sensor size, f/1.8 aperture, and 1.4-micrometer pixel size of the iPhone 11.
So, the Note 7 basically beats the iPhone 11 here. If you need help understanding when those specs are, check out my previous article on how to identify a great smartphone camera.
In addition to the main camera, the Note 7 features 3 more auxiliary cameras to handle depth, macro photography, and video shooting.
Up-front, the device features a 16 MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0, a sensor size of ⅓ inches, and 1.0-micrometer pixel size.
Processor, Software, and Memory:
Under the hood, the Infinix note 7 draws its processing power from the capable combination of ARM’s A75 and A55 CPUs, sitting on the MediaTek Helio G70 chipset.
Graphics processing is handled by the Mali-G52 GPU (graphics processing unit) which is designed to bring premium visual experiences to the ever-growing mainstream mobile market.
The device runs on a 4 or 6GB of memory, and a 64 or 128GB of storage. The actual configuration is 64GB ROM & 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM & 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM & 6GB RAM.
Note 7 Pros:
- Outstanding camera
- Outstanding CPU and GPU
- Excellent battery
- Excellent memory
Note 7 Cons:
- No 5G
Note 7 Full Specifications:
Design, Appearance, and Sensors
- Dimensions: 173.4 x 79 x 8.8 mm (6.83 x 3.11 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 206g
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Colors: Forest Green, Aether Black, Bolivia Blue
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Diagonal size: 6.95 inches
- Aspect ratio: 20.5:9
- Screen to body ratio: 91.5%
- Resolution: 720 x 1640 pixels
- Pixel Density: 258 PPI density
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G70 (12 nm)
- Processor Type: Octa-core
- Processor Name: Cortex-A75(2.0GHz) & Cortex-A55 (1.7GHz)
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G52 2EEMC2
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- External Storage: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
Video and Photography
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm + 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth) + 2 MP, f/1.8, (dedicated video camera) for 128/6 model only
- Front-facing Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 1/3″, 1.0µm.
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- GPS: A-GPS
- USB: micro USB 2.0
Wireless Networks and Software
- 2G mobile network: Yes
- 3G mobile network: Yes
- 4G mobile network: Yes
- 5G mobile network: No
- SIM Type: Dual Nano SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10, XOS 6.0
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Battery Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Announced: April 2020
- Market Availability: June 2020
CrunchPhone’s Shoppers Guide:
The Note 7 product from Infinix is an outstanding balance of quality and price. We are Crunchphone wholeheartedly recommend it.
Note 7 Price and Where to Buy:
The Note 7 smartphone costs about 206 US dollars, which can be converted to 80,000 Nigerian Naira, 1,197 Ghanaian Cedis, 21,935 Kenyan Shillings, and 768,743 Ugandan Shillings.
To make a purchase, you can visit the following stores depending on your country of residence: